Monday, January 12, 2009

1. Golden Gate Park revisited & 16. Lands End Coastal Trail


The weekend after New Years, Martin and I got to hang out with Chris and Ben, two old friends from college. Chris lives out here, and Ben was visiting from Atlanta. The two of them can be trouble, but they were very well behaved for the afternoon we spent together.

We met up with them at Memphis Minnie's, a barbecue joint in our neighborhood. Martin and I kept them company while they ate (we had a huge lasagna at home from New Years day that we were working on). Then, we headed to Golden Gate park to hang out and throw the frisbee around. While we were there, we walked over to Lloyd Lake and I took a few photos before my camera ran out of batteries.

Then, we drove out to Lands End and hiked the Coastal Trail to Mile Rock Beach. I'm going to count the Coastal Trail as a park since I don't think the area has a particular name. It's part of the Golden Gate National Recreation area, but that covers too much ground for me to count it as one place.

Mile Rock Beach was a beautiful spot. You could either walk down to the beach or out to a rocky overhang. We went out to the overhang for the view. Unfortunately, no one had a working camera, so I have no pictures. You'll just have to believe me when I say that it was absolutely gorgeous. The name Mile Rock refers to Mile Rocks Lighthouse that you can see from this spot. It was a nice way to spend time with a visiting friend.

1 comment:

Val said...

I am enjoying your pictures and am so glad that you have a job that suits you. Hope to see you in Phoenix in March for a few days. Val