Monday, November 24, 2008

Friendly faces

November has turned out to be the month for friends and family.
A few weekends ago, Martin's friend Krista came up from Goleta, CA. We had a great time while she was here. She got in on Saturday evening. We treated ourselves to dinner at the Indian Oven. And then, we went to get tea from Samovar Tea Lounge, which I really enjoyed. I think Martin thought it was a little bourgeois for his tastes. I only wish they were closer and, as usual, a little cheaper. I'd be there with a book or journal everyday.The next morning, we headed out for some soul food and then to see those mythical beasts of the SF Bay, the sea lions of Pier 39. After that, we walked down to the Musee Mechanique. I had a roll of quarters at the ready and we walked around exploring the machines. Martin had fun in the vibrating chair, as you can see below. We all had fun in the photobooth, though we had trouble fitting everyone into the frame.
We headed through Chinatown for some bubble tea. We jumped on BART to head to the mission for some graffitti and pirate action. I'm thinking of getting all my friends pirate paraphanaila for birthdays this year. I mean doesn't everyone need a moustache comb and peg oil?
After such a long, walking filled day, we headed home to crash and watch a movie. All in all, it was a great visit and we can't wait for Krista to come back, though I'm thinking it might be nice to visit her next since she's in the warm, sunny part of California.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! :) *hugs!*

The Musee Mechanique looks amazing. Antique arcade machines. Did you see anything really weird? What is a Love Pirate?

Lauryn said...

You'll have to ask Krista what a "Love Pirate" is since it's apparently what she's going to grow up to be. There was one odd short moving picture. It depicted an elderly man hitting on a woman and then getting completely trounced by her. I think it was entitled "What Men Want" or something like that. :)